This washi tape banner is an easy way add a little more pretty to any dessert (even an Oreo ice cream roll that Matthew just had to get at the grocery store)!
About 15 minutes plus a few supplies and you've got yourself a fun cake topper.
2 straws, preferably pretty paper ones
1. Thread needle and connect the two straws together, leaving about a cake length of thread between the two straws.
2. Take washi tape pieces, 2-3 inches long, and fold them over the thread.
3. Trim washi tape to even rectangles, and then snip out a triangle.
4. Place topper in your dessert and adjust as necessary. Once it's in its perfect place, secure the banner by tying the thread around the straws.
5. Instagram a picture of your bea-yooouuu-tiful craft and dessert—go ahead, I know you want to.
photography by Meredith McClarty
crafting by Meredith McClarty and Christina Sanders